So our friend Kate at Brew Cornwall found cloud bread!
Try it, and report back via our facebook page to let us know how you got on…
3 fresh, free range eggs
3 tbs cream cheese
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tbs brown sugar or honey
1. preheat oven to 150 Celsius
2. separate the eggs completely
3. mix the egg yolks, cream cheese, salt (and sugar/honey if using) until smooth
4. in another bowl to the whites and beat the whites with an electric whisk till fluffy and hold their peaks when turned upside down (this is important)
5. now, gently fold the egg yolks into the egg whites – but be gentle so as not to destroy the whites’ consistency
6. spoon the resulting mixture into even rounds (probably 10-12 from this quantity, depending on the size of your eggs) onto lightly greased baking sheet
7. sprinkle with rosemary (if using, but do, it makes them even lovelier) and put in the oven
8. bake for 18-20 minutes minutes in the middle of the oven
9. then turn on the grill and grill for one minute until golden brown (keep an eye on them as they burn really easily!)
10. eat warm from the oven or cool and store in the fridge for up to a week.
WHAT TO DO WITH THEM
Well, exactly the same as you would with bread! Toast them, make them into sandwiches using your favourite fillings (but tomato and avocado is especially good IMHO!), marmite, honey…
We’d love to know how you get on, please report back!